Pyohex Medicated Shampoo is a topical antibacterial shampoo containing 3% Chlorhexidine Gluconate. It is an aid in the treatment of superficial bacterial skin infections in dogs.
How to use
- Thoroughly wet the dog with clean water
- Apply shampoo at various points on the pet
- Massage into a lather. A sponge may assist with this and with penetration through the coat.
- Leave in contact with the skin for 10 minutes – During this time pets must be supervised to ensure that ingestion or inhalation of the product does not occur.
- Rinse thoroughly
How often should i use
During periods of active infection the shampoo and conditioner should be used twice per week. Once the infection has resolved, bathing once per week or fortnight is often enough to prevent recurrences. The time of year may influence the frequency of bathing. For example, during Spring and Summer, dogs who suffer from seasonal allergies and secondary skin infections may require more frequent bathing than other times of the year.
- Use with caution around eyes. If shampoo enters animal’s eye, flush thoroughly with clean water. Seek veterinary advice if eye changes are observed
- Animals should not be left unattended during the standing process as licking or inhaling shampoo foam may result in irritation of the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts.
- Antibiotic therapy is recommended for the initial control of infection or where deep pyodermas exist.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.